Friday, January 14

The Chase.

I had decided that I was exhausted.

With all that mental running around. I sure was exhausted.
That lingering feeling. It's running after me. It's incessantly pestering me. Not letting me BE.
Monsters of the past, dressed in dark, long, flowing robes, just like the Conspirators from Julius Caesar, are capering soundly around me.
It's sinister. It's eerie. The more I'd like to runaway, the closer I get. The more involved I get. The more I reminisce it, the further I get from there.I didn't know why that happened. It was something that was beyond my understanding. Sure, I didn't expect all of them to be sugar gilded experiences. But I believed, my life could be the way I had always liked for it to be.

I believed, and I chased after my future, Only to be pulled back by the chariots of the past. They had the reins. And I had to follow. I knew, this couldn't go on for long. A little child-like rebel still resides in me, constantly trying to breakaway. And it still believes. Not in Santa, and not in Tooth Fairies, but in chasing the dreams, and earning them.

I know for a fact, that I will constantly breakaway from the strongholds of the past, and continue to chase what I want. And, I do know, that the past, will no matter how glorious or how unpleasant it might be, always be a part of my life, and will at various stages catch up with me.

But, until then, I'll be in the vicious chasing game. I will always be on the chase of the future. On the chase of my dreams.

3 comments:

Nikhil Mulgaokar said...

Really nice!
Keep up the good work! :)

Unknown said...

I likes =D

Deekay said...

Thanks so much Anuradha! :D